The International Remote Viewing Association (IRVA) was organized March 18, 1999, by selected scientists and practitioners meeting in Alamogordo, New Mexico in conjunction with the first professional conference on Remote Viewing in Ruiduso, New Mexico.
The concluded objective was to create an organization that would provide a mechanism for evaluating the discipline called "remote viewing", encourage scientifically sound research, propose ethical standards and provide overview educational information to the public.
One of IRVA's major tasks is to maintain a credible and responsible Remote-Viewing focused internet site which presents:
- Key existing published scientific findings
- Newly-Breaking scientific published articles
- Current educational options/considerations
- Standardized On-Line testing
- Leonard Buchanan, Sergeant First Class, US Army (ret.), Remote Viewer, Database Manager, Property Book Officer and Trainer in the US Army Remote Viewing Unit from 1984 to 1992; author of The Seventh Sense; currently executive director of Problems>Solutions>Innovations, a Controlled Remote Viewing Training Enterprise, and founder of the Assigned Witness Program, a non-profit CRV applications and research corporation based in New Mexico.
- Pam Coronado, star of the popular television series, Sensing Murder, has been involved in psi criminal work since 1996 and has consulted as a psychic detective to government and private agencies, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, on some of the nation's highest profile crimes. A constant advocate for victims and their families, she is the founder of the non-profit Project Search for Hope. Pam also provides training for those interested in assisting with psychic detective work. She currently serves as IRVA's president.
- William F. Higgins, is a businessman from New York City, a former Special Agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and a Naval Reserve officer who has been associated with remote viewing and psychokinesis research since 1989. As former director of PEAR Inc., he assisted in the funding of their process patent on the effect of intention on random events. He is a former vice-president of IRVA, currently a director and vice-president of the Rhine Research Center, and the current IRVA treasurer.
- Ellen Huffman-Zechman, M.D., is a former board member of the American Board of General Practice (2007 to 2009) and past president of the American Academy of General Physicians (2009). She was selected to the North Carolina Medical Society Leadership College class of 2014. Dr. Zechman is a Social Security Disability Consultant and former Veteran's Administration Disability Consultant. She is owner and director of Skin Solutions, a non-surgical aesthetics medical practice. Actively developing her interests in parapsychology and remote viewing for nearly a decade, she has been a Rhine Research Center member since 2005, where she contributes and assists in sponsoring various Rhine projects: and an IRVA Member since 2007. She began her remote viewing training in 2008, and is currently advising and helping to facilitate the Rhine Research Center Remote Viewing interest group.
- Nancy Jeane, has a M.Ed. degree from Lamar University in Texas with 23 years of experience as an educator in public schools. She has taken remote viewing training from most of the principle remote viewing trainers, including David Morehouse, Lyn Buchanan, Skip Atwater, Joe McMoneagle, and Paul H. Smith. She is currently an Assistant Instructor and Operational Remote Viewer for RVIS, Inc. (Paul H. Smith). She also offers private CRV training in Texas. Beyond remote viewing, her certifications include several energy healing modalities including Reiki, energy work with Mietek and Margaret Wirkus of Washington DC, and Dr. Norman Shealy of the Holos Insitute of Health. And for six years she has been a Monroe Institute Excursion Trainer and a member of the Monroe Professional Division.
- Paul H. Smith, Ph.D., Major, US Army (ret.), seven-year veteran of the military remote viewing program and author of the remote-viewing programís CRV training manual; author of Reading the Enemy's Mind: Inside Star Gate: America's Psychic Espionage Program; and, president and chief instructor for Remote Viewing Instructional Services, Inc., of Austin, Texas.
- Glenn B. Wheaton, Sergeant First Class, US Army (ret.), is the co-founder and president of the non-profit Hawaii Remote Viewer's Guild dedicated to the research and training of remote viewing. He is a retired military intelligence professional having served in the Army Security Agency and later in Special Forces. He retired in 1993 as Senior SIGINT Advisor for the 1st Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group, and currently works in Honolulu as a radio frequency engineer.
- Stephan A. Schwartz, Senior Fellow at the Samueli Institute, former Research Director of the Mobius Group, and an Associate of the Cognitive Sciences Laboratory of the Laboratories for Fundamental Research. Author and researcher in extraordinary human performance for more than 30 years, focusing on anthropology and parapsychology. Stephan's most recent book is Opening to the Infinite; his two classics, The Alexandria Project (1983) and The Secret Vaults of Time (1978), were revised and reissued in 2000. He has written and produced a considerable body of work in documentary film.
- Russell Targ, of Palo Alto, California, is a physicist, author, and retired senior staff scientist from Lockheed-Martin. He is founder of Bay Research Institute, and ESP Research.com. Russell was a pioneer in the development of remote viewing and cofounder of the Stanford Research Institute's investigation into psychic abilities in the 1970s and 1980s. Russell has authored many titles including Do You See What I See?: Memoirs of a Blind Biker and Limitless Mind: A Guide to Remote Viewing and Transformation of Consciousness. He is President Emeritus of IRVA.
- Jessica Utts, Ph.D., professor of statistics at the University of California at Irvine. She spent a year as a visiting scientist with the remote viewing program at SRI International in 1988-89 and was a consultant for the duration of the program at SRI and SAIC. Dr. Utts was one of the evaluators of the government remote viewing program when it was declassified in 1995.
- President: Pam Cornado
- Vice President: Glenn B. Wheaton
- Treasurer: William F. Higgins
- Secretary: Debra Duggan-Takagi
- 2010-2013: John P. Stahler, formerly president of a San Diego electonics design and manufacturing firm specializing in digital video processing devices, has been awarded several domestic and international patents. His designs have flown as experiments in NASA's Space Shuttle Program. He is a co-investigator in the IRVA sponsored CRV-REG Study.
- 2006-2010: Paul H. Smith, Ph.D.
- 2004-2006: Stephan A. Schwartz
- 2002-2004: F. Holmes Atwater, Captain, US Army (ret.), Operations and Training Officer of the US Army Remote Viewing Unit from 1977 to 1987; currently Research Director at The Monroe Institute in Nellysford, Virginia; Author of Captain of My Ship, Master of my Soul: Living with Guidance.
- 1999-2002: Russell Targ
- Advisor Emeritus: H. E. Puthoff, Ph.D., of Austin, Texas, theoretical and experimental physicist; Director of the Institute for Advanced Studies at Austin.
- Organizing Facilitator: David Hathcock, Retired Business Executive
- Past Advisor: Marcello Truzzi, Ph. D., Professor of Sociology at Eastern Michigan University; Director of the Independent Center for Scientific Anomalies Research (CSAR). Marcello remained an advisor to IRVA from it's founding meeting until his death. His insightful guidance will be missed.
Member Honor Roll
(Standing - left to right)
- Hal Puthoff
- David Hathcock
- John Alexander
- Lyn Buchannan
- Paul H. Smith
- Skip Atwater
- Angela Thompson Smith
- Marcello Truzzi
(Seated - left to right)
- Russell Targ
- Stephan Schwartz
Photo Courtesy of Robert M. Knight
- Robert Dorion
- Ronald D. Kuhn
- Christer Lofgren
- Marshall Payn
- Dr. Kaz Stevens
- Karlie Stevens
- Jeffrey Bertsch
- Kerry-Marie Callander
- Gabriel Dluzansky
- Debra Duggan-Takagi
- Teresa Frisch
- Dave Gannon
- William Gattis
- Julie Hands-Clancy
- Nat Heidler
- Alissa Iida
- Elisa Lagana
- Tee LeVan
- Stacy Mangino
- Greg Morochove
- Mark O’Brien
- Paul O’Connor
- Avery Owen
- Charles Peltosalo
- Jenifer Prather
- Melanie Schmich
- Dave Silverstein
- Derek Snyder
- Ben Sutherland
- Kim Tasca
- Preska Thomas
- Julia A. Tyler
- Sylvia Vargas
- Beth Vaughan
- Joyce Wahlberg
- Patricia Woolaver
- Ellen Zechman, MD